DC, Arlington to add 36 Capital Bikeshare stations
Gabe Klein is giving us all a gift just before he leaves: DDOT just announced they plan to add 20 more Capital Bikeshare stations in 2011, and Arlington has funding for 16 which will allow expanding the system to the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor.
They will identify locations in the spring and start installing them "as early as May." DDOT's press release also says that their bicycle counts found that "rush hour bicycle trips increased by 82% between 2007 and 2010 at 20 locations throughout the District."
And the 15th Street bike lane is now finally completed. I biked downtown last night using the 15th Street lane on a Capital Bikeshare bike, and saw road crews installing some of the last pylons between K and M, where drivers were still parking in the newly-painted lane. Cycle tracks on L and M Streets, NW are next in line.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- DC's population is exploding
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- Instead of buses that drive over traffic jams, let's just not have traffic jams