DC, Arlington to add 36 Capital Bikeshare stations
Gabe Klein is giving us all a gift just before he leaves: DDOT just announced they plan to add 20 more Capital Bikeshare stations in 2011, and Arlington has funding for 16 which will allow expanding the system to the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor.
They will identify locations in the spring and start installing them "as early as May." DDOT's press release also says that their bicycle counts found that "rush hour bicycle trips increased by 82% between 2007 and 2010 at 20 locations throughout the District."
And the 15th Street bike lane is now finally completed. I biked downtown last night using the 15th Street lane on a Capital Bikeshare bike, and saw road crews installing some of the last pylons between K and M, where drivers were still parking in the newly-painted lane. Cycle tracks on L and M Streets, NW are next in line.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- A Metro employee erroneously deleted a warning about track problems before the recent derailment
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65