Then and Now: Snow plows
Left: Ford Motor Company snow plow equipment ca. 1925 in front of the District Building. Photo from the Library of Congress. Right: DDOT snow plows in front of RFK stadium, November 5, 2010. Photo from the DDOTDC Flickr pool.
The image below, also from the DDOTDC flickr pool, shows a Caterpillar Loader used in snow removal efforts from February 9, 2010:
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- US infrastructure spending, in four charts