Then and Now: Snow plows
Left: Ford Motor Company snow plow equipment ca. 1925 in front of the District Building. Photo from the Library of Congress. Right: DDOT snow plows in front of RFK stadium, November 5, 2010. Photo from the DDOTDC Flickr pool.
The image below, also from the DDOTDC flickr pool, shows a Caterpillar Loader used in snow removal efforts from February 9, 2010:
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- By 2040, DC's population could be close to 900,000
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Top 6 reasons a parking garage near 14th and U is a bad idea
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island