Then and Now: Snow plows
Left: Ford Motor Company snow plow equipment ca. 1925 in front of the District Building. Photo from the Library of Congress. Right: DDOT snow plows in front of RFK stadium, November 5, 2010. Photo from the DDOTDC Flickr pool.
The image below, also from the DDOTDC flickr pool, shows a Caterpillar Loader used in snow removal efforts from February 9, 2010:
- DC has almost no white residents without college degrees. (It's a different story for black residents.)
- What's so great about the Purple Line, anyway?
- Does DC want boring architecture? Sort of.
- And the MetroGreater winner is...
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's