Happy New Year!Between vacations and a few unforeseen circumstances, Greater Greater Washington will be off until Monday. Have a very Happy New Year and don't play real-life Frogger as you navigate the region. This can also be an open thread for any thoughts or news that you'd like to discuss during the New Year's break.
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- Today's problems were visible decades ago, but zoning has blocked solutions ever since
- Montgomery County added 100,000 residents since 2002, but driving didn't increase
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
Thu Apr 24
Fri Apr 25
Sat Apr 26
10:00 am CSG tour: Historic Shaw
Tue Apr 29
Wed Apr 30
6:00 pm DC bus service forum
6:00 pm Make Your Mark happy hour