Another good project and annoying press
There are many reasons
one two-way streets are better, and according to WTOP, Councilmembers Jack Evans (who we already know is good on traffic issues) and Muriel Bowser (who believes Rock Creek park's primary purpose is to speed Ward 4 drivers' commutes) both expressed support for additional one-way to two-way conversions.
WTOP's story, though, would have been a lot more impartial without an inflammatory headline like "Controversial traffic plan could slow your commute." Sigh.
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown