Soccer stadium won't stimulate the economyMarc Fisher argues that a soccer stadium in Poplar Point won't generate the same level of economic development as the basketball arena or the ballpark for the simple reason that the arena hosts 200 events a year, the stadium 100, while Major League Soccer stadiums are active only 35 times a year (and football stadiums least of all with only 8 games a year).
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?
- Twenty-five gorgeous but non-famous US train stations
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.