The war on pedestrians continues
Roger Lewis discusses the value of sidewalk tables, benches, chess games, and ping pong in his latest appearance on WAMU's Kojo Nnamdi Show. There's a particularly good discussion starting at
19:09 12:27 about the value of sidewalks in older suburbs and misguided opposition to sidewalks in newer ones.
If you listen to the whole thing, start at 6:40 to skip past the hot air coming from the Virginia Republican Senate candidate who believes that we can fix transportation without paying for it by simply gathering together some scientists and engineers to come up with solutions. News flash: transportation costs money, and I didn't hear him talking about cutting road funding. Update: They've corrected the audio stream to begin at the start of the Lewis interview instead of six minutes before.
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch