Bianchi had the cleverest idea of all: instead of building parking at the Zoo, let's use that garage and run a free shuttle (or aerial tram) the 0.8 miles to the zoo (which would have the added benefit of enabling visitors to use the Green Line in addition to the Red). I'm sure the shuttle would cost less than the parking (above-ground garages cost $25-30,000 per space and over $30 per space per month for maintenance).
- Muriel Bowser promises to finish the DC streetcar from Georgetown to Ward 7
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 45
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- Breakfast links: Never gonna give you up
- Think you know Metro's neighborhoods? This quiz might surprise you
- You don't need a car to run a successful small business
- Mayor Bowser announces new "Funiculator" initiative