Is Chevy Chase's anti-pedestrianism DDOT's fault?
Richard Layman posts a letter from "Sue" claiming that "DDOT is eager to prove that ANCs are killing street life because DDOT constantly encounters ANC resistance" to projects like the drive-through Commerce Bank on Wisconsin, and "If a simple permit of the kind P&P needs to put its bench back out is a bureaucratic nightmare to get, is that Winstead's fault or DDOT's?" I'm skeptical, but what do you think?
Update: regardless of his transgressions on Comet and Marvelous Market, Winstead at least wasn't responsible for Politics and Prose having to remove their bench.
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- This building is way too short
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70