Is Chevy Chase's anti-pedestrianism DDOT's fault?
Richard Layman posts a letter from "Sue" claiming that "DDOT is eager to prove that ANCs are killing street life because DDOT constantly encounters ANC resistance" to projects like the drive-through Commerce Bank on Wisconsin, and "If a simple permit of the kind P&P needs to put its bench back out is a bureaucratic nightmare to get, is that Winstead's fault or DDOT's?" I'm skeptical, but what do you think?
Update: regardless of his transgressions on Comet and Marvelous Market, Winstead at least wasn't responsible for Politics and Prose having to remove their bench.
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Alexandria's Metroway BRT: Open and carrying passengers
- Ask GGW: Why do some stations have side platforms?
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 20
- Protected bike lanes could fit in DC's traffic circles; here's how
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote