Is Chevy Chase's anti-pedestrianism DDOT's fault?
Richard Layman posts a letter from "Sue" claiming that "DDOT is eager to prove that ANCs are killing street life because DDOT constantly encounters ANC resistance" to projects like the drive-through Commerce Bank on Wisconsin, and "If a simple permit of the kind P&P needs to put its bench back out is a bureaucratic nightmare to get, is that Winstead's fault or DDOT's?" I'm skeptical, but what do you think?
Update: regardless of his transgressions on Comet and Marvelous Market, Winstead at least wasn't responsible for Politics and Prose having to remove their bench.
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law
- What are your ideas to make Metro greater?
- Ask GGWash: Why did the Cleveland Park Metro station flood?
- Express trains wouldn't be of much help to Metro riders
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- Capital Bikeshare members ride here, bike lanes or not
- ❤ Georgia Avenue's new red-surface bus lanes