Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- Well-lit in the Flickr pool