Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- No, DC is not abandoning plans for most streetcar lines
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- A move to strengthen affordable housing runs into political obstacles