Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- 10 big ideas for making Arlington even more bike-friendly
- Montgomery County will build bus rapid transit in four years
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 84
- To make streets walkable, empower pedestrians to cross anywhere
- Building of the Week: Smithsonian American Art Museum and Kogod Courtyard