Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside