Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Metro's new displays do a better job of sharing info
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 82
- Lisbon is a rail transit mecca
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- DC has few "parking craters" downtown. Here's why.