Moran criticizes McDonnell transportation plan
Virginia Democratic Party chairman Brian Moran talked about Governor Bob McDonnell's "spend future generations' money" transportation plan on the WAMU Politics Hour yesterday:
Moran argued that borrowing against future federal transportation money, which is part of McDonnell's plan, is particularly risky since there's no guarantee federal transportation aid will continue at the same pace given Republican plans to cut spending in many areas.
Moran also noted that he now takes Metro because he finds traffic frustrating.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 57