Let's talk Sarles
I'll be on TBD's NewsTalk with Bruce DePuyt starting at 10 to discuss the news that the WMATA Board has decided to keep Richard Sarles on as GM/CEO.
Jim Dinegar from the Greater Washington Board of Trade, and Post reporter Ann Scott Tyson, are also participating. You can watch the segment live here.
Maryland Governor O'Malley spilled the beans Friday. WMATA responded by putting out a tight-lipped odd press release. We've pointed out before how funny it is that the WMATA press email list just announces the title of each press release and requires people to click to read it; that's even weirder when the title itself has no information:
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center