3rd birthday party tonight, chat with Sekou Biddle and at-large candidate forum tomorrow
Come on down to RFD tonight for our third birthday party! We'll be there from 6:30-9:30. The entrance is on 8th Street, NW between H and I, near Gallery Place Metro, lots of buses, and a Capital Bikeshare station.
Tomorrow we will be beginning a series of live chats with candidates for the DC Council at-large seat. Our first guest is Sekou Biddle, appointed interim Councilmember earlier this month. He'll be joining us at 1 pm tomorrow. Feel free to post questions for Councilmember Biddle in the comments.
Finally, you can hear from candidates live tomorrow night at the forum hosted by DC for Democracy, Greater Greater Washington, and the DC Environmental Network. Patrick Mara will unfortunately not be able to attend, since he has his State Board of Education meeting that night and understandably doesn't want to shirk that elected responsibility, but Sekou Biddle, Bryan Weaver, Jacque Patterson, Stanley Mayes and others will be there.
The forum is in Room 1107 of 441 4th Street, NW (One Judiciary Square). Turn right after security and go up to the 11th floor. Doors open at 6 and the Q&A will start at 6:30.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Muriel Bowser talks Metro, bikes, development, education, and more