3rd birthday party tonight, chat with Sekou Biddle and at-large candidate forum tomorrow
Come on down to RFD tonight for our third birthday party! We'll be there from 6:30-9:30. The entrance is on 8th Street, NW between H and I, near Gallery Place Metro, lots of buses, and a Capital Bikeshare station.
Tomorrow we will be beginning a series of live chats with candidates for the DC Council at-large seat. Our first guest is Sekou Biddle, appointed interim Councilmember earlier this month. He'll be joining us at 1 pm tomorrow. Feel free to post questions for Councilmember Biddle in the comments.
Finally, you can hear from candidates live tomorrow night at the forum hosted by DC for Democracy, Greater Greater Washington, and the DC Environmental Network. Patrick Mara will unfortunately not be able to attend, since he has his State Board of Education meeting that night and understandably doesn't want to shirk that elected responsibility, but Sekou Biddle, Bryan Weaver, Jacque Patterson, Stanley Mayes and others will be there.
The forum is in Room 1107 of 441 4th Street, NW (One Judiciary Square). Turn right after security and go up to the 11th floor. Doors open at 6 and the Q&A will start at 6:30.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- Why can't Metro label escalators "walk left, stand right" or label where doors will stop on the platform?