At-large forum Thursday, plus Weaver and Mara live chats
The DC for Democracy, Greater Greater Washington, and DC Environmental Network at-large candidate forum has been rescheduled for this Thursday. Meanwhile, Bryan Weaver and Patrick Mara will join us for live chats Tuesday and Wednesday.
The forum is February 3, again at 441 4th Street (One Judiciary Square), south lobby, room 1107. Doors open at 6:00 and the event will start at 6:30.
Several candidates wouldn't have been able to attend for the original date, such as Patrick Mara who understandable had to attend the State Board of Education monthly meeting. This time, all invited candidates are confirmed: Sekou Biddle
Joshua Lopez, Patrick Mara, Stanley Mayes, Vincent Orange, Alan Page, Jacque Patterson, and Bryan Weaver.
Bryan Weaver will join us tomorrow at 1 pm for a live chat, and then we'll host Mara on Wednesday, again at 1 pm. Please leave questions you'd like to ask in the comments. Are there questions from our chat with Sekou Biddle that you also want to hear answered by Weaver or Mara?
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit