Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- 495 and 95 toll prices were very high on Tuesday. Here's why that happened.
- In defense of "political theater" for Metro
- Should a "historic gas station" keep new housing units from going up in Dupont?
- Federal employees: Please donít quit your jobs under Trump
- A developer has agreed to build shorter and less dense than the law allows, but neighbors are still fighting it
- A court just halted DC's McMillan development
- Where is Falls Church, exactly?