Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- DC's population is exploding
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- Instead of buses that drive over traffic jams, let's just not have traffic jams