Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership