Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- The Dutch government is trolling DC over marijuana, bike lanes, and streetcars
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- 33% of Metro rail trips stay within one city or county. Where are they?
- In Chicago, you can charter your own L train
- How two families dealt with Metro problems and other transportation options in the snow