Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- Let's stand by the Silver Line
- Nobody wants these school buses in their backyard. But moving them is worth it.
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- DC Council postpones fixing an injustice to pedestrians and cyclists because Kenyan McDuffie's dog ate his homework
- N Street NW has new bike lanes
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 86
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle