Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn
- Metro's new displays do a better job of sharing info
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- Lisbon is a rail transit mecca
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 82
- DC has few "parking craters" downtown. Here's why.