Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 1: Alice Swanson
Many people who had been hit while walking or bicycling, or the families of those killed while walking or bicycling, testified at Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement.
Here is the testimony of Ruth Rowan, Alice Swanson's mother. Alice was killed when a garbage truck driver turned right across the bike lane at Connecticut and R, NW in July 2008. According to Ms. Rowan, the police investigator was intent on blaming Alice and suppressed pertinent information from the police report.
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Metro's 7000 series cars carry their first passengers, in pictures
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Jobs are clustering in parts of the region, but the east is falling behind