Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 3: Charles Schwartz
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Sally Schwartz related the story of her father, Charles Schwartz, killed at Connecticut and Nebraska Avenues by a driver allegedly on his cell phone.
Police investigated and prosecutors brought charges, but unable to conclusively prove he was using the phone at that very moment, the driver was acquitted.
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- People walking and biking will get a new connection from L'Enfant Plaza to the waterfront
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up