Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 3: Charles Schwartz
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Sally Schwartz related the story of her father, Charles Schwartz, killed at Connecticut and Nebraska Avenues by a driver allegedly on his cell phone.
Police investigated and prosecutors brought charges, but unable to conclusively prove he was using the phone at that very moment, the driver was acquitted.
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- By 2040, DC's population could be close to 900,000
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Curb-protected cycletracks are now appearing in DC