Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 3: Charles Schwartz
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Sally Schwartz related the story of her father, Charles Schwartz, killed at Connecticut and Nebraska Avenues by a driver allegedly on his cell phone.
Police investigated and prosecutors brought charges, but unable to conclusively prove he was using the phone at that very moment, the driver was acquitted.
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor