Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 3: Charles Schwartz
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Sally Schwartz related the story of her father, Charles Schwartz, killed at Connecticut and Nebraska Avenues by a driver allegedly on his cell phone.
Police investigated and prosecutors brought charges, but unable to conclusively prove he was using the phone at that very moment, the driver was acquitted.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- US infrastructure spending, in four charts