Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 3: Charles Schwartz
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Sally Schwartz related the story of her father, Charles Schwartz, killed at Connecticut and Nebraska Avenues by a driver allegedly on his cell phone.
Police investigated and prosecutors brought charges, but unable to conclusively prove he was using the phone at that very moment, the driver was acquitted.
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- The 7000s will change the Metro fleet. Here's how.
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 66
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities