Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 2: Nancy Szemraj
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Nancy Szemraj explained how her daughter was hit last June, while crossing Connecticut Avenue at Macomb Street, by a driver running a red light, and suffered long-term physical and emotional scars.
The only penalty for running a red light and hitting a person is a small fine, and the DMV told Szemraj that they don't even pursue out-of-state drivers if they don't pay such tickets.
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Prince George's County leaders join the chorus to keep late-night rail service
- A record number of people petitioned for a dog park at the Takoma Rec Center, but it's still not happening
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93
- The shutdown is coming! The shutdown is coming! (On the Red Line)
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County