Ped/bike safety enforcement stories, part 2: Nancy Szemraj
At Friday's hearing on pedestrian and bicycle safety enforcement. Nancy Szemraj explained how her daughter was hit last June, while crossing Connecticut Avenue at Macomb Street, by a driver running a red light, and suffered long-term physical and emotional scars.
The only penalty for running a red light and hitting a person is a small fine, and the DMV told Szemraj that they don't even pursue out-of-state drivers if they don't pay such tickets.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- How do you get people excited about Bus Rapid Transit? Bring a bus to the county fair
- With its new plaza, Tysons begins to feel urban
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City