Struck in DC last week: 12 pedestrians, 2 cyclists
Here are some of last week's reported pedestrian and cyclist crashes in the District.
The source for this data is Struck in DC, which has been tracking crashes on Twitter since June 1. While it is not a comprehensive listing of all pedestrian and cyclist incidents, Struck in DC does keep tabs on reports from DC Fire/EMS and other sources.
The goal is to raise awareness of the approximately 8-12 pedestrians struck daily and the room for improvement in data collection of bicycle and pedestrian crashes in the District.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- WMATA launches "Short Trip" rail pass on SmarTrip
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name