Struck in DC last week: 12 pedestrians, 2 cyclists
Here are some of last week's reported pedestrian and cyclist crashes in the District.
The source for this data is Struck in DC, which has been tracking crashes on Twitter since June 1. While it is not a comprehensive listing of all pedestrian and cyclist incidents, Struck in DC does keep tabs on reports from DC Fire/EMS and other sources.
The goal is to raise awareness of the approximately 8-12 pedestrians struck daily and the room for improvement in data collection of bicycle and pedestrian crashes in the District.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?