Are Maryland drivers the "devil incarnate"?
Jim Graham says so. Whether excessive hyperbole or not, his comment led to an ABC News story about speeding commuters, especially on 15th Street, and even a mention of the proposal to make it two-way. Via DCist (who thinks Graham was spot on).
Speaking of the 15th Street project, there's a public meeting on the proposals next Thursday (one week from today) from 6-9 pm at the 15th Street Presbyterian Church on the corner of 15th and R. It's an "open house" format, so no need to go for the entire thing; they plan presentations at 6:15 and 7:15.
- Community stories show the shift to a walkable lifestyle
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Some are pushing to limit sidewalk cycling
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track