Now you, too, can redraw DC's wards
Yesterday, the Census released detailed population counts for the District of Columbia. That means elected leaders will start debating how to redraw DC's wards. You, too, can get involved and do it yourself using our new "Redistricting Game" at http://redistricting.greatergreaterwashington.org.
Ward 2 needs to shrink and Wards 7 and 8 need to grow. Each ward has to end up within 5% of the average. What's your idea?
Once you're done, the Redistricting Game changes the URL in your address bar to one that you can use to share your map with others, and also provides a widget to email, share, tweet, etc. your map. Post your thoughts, and your links to your maps, in the comments for discussion.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say