Weekend video: 300 years of fossil fuels
Ever wondered how we got where we are? Where we're headed?
This video explores the history of our dependence on fossil fuels. And it points out that whether we're proactive or not, the future is going to be a post-carbon world.
Preparing will mean that we're ready to transition into an economy not utterly dependent on finite fossil fuel deposits. Not preparing will mean a bleak future as the economy is disrupted by empty gas tanks and dead power plants.
"One way or the other, we're in for the ride of a lifetime."
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name