MWAA picks tunnel station
Dulles' Metro station will be underground, despite the extra cost.
In a somewhat surprising move, the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority board voted today to build an underground station for the Silver Line, WTOP reports. The station will be next to the terminal, instead of above ground next to the parking garage, as MWAA staff were recommending.
While the garage is not far, members reacted to concern from Metro that ridership and long-term revenue would be lower as a result. This will cost $250-300 million more, and some state and local officials in Virginia are already criticizing the decision.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Prince George's County struggles to get trails right
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money