Posts about Diallo Brooks
The results are in for the first question on Let's Choose DC, and with over 2,500 votes cast, DC voters rated Elissa Silverman tops for her vision for DC, followed by Matthew Frumin and Diallo Brooks.
Nine candidates provided answers to our question, while interim Councilmember Anita Bonds and former Councilmember Michael Brown did not participate. The question was:
The District has changed a lot since 1993, and will likely change much more by 2033. What are 2-3 changes you hope to see by 2033, and how will electing you to the DC Council help bring them about?
In addition to rating how persuasive you found each of the candidates' answers, we asked you whether they seemed to answer the question or not. Silverman, Frumin, Brooks, John Settles, and Pedro Rubio all scored well here. Patrick Mara and Jon Gann got more "neutral" ratings, while Paul Zukerberg and AJ Cooper got lower marks.
Cooper also dropped out of the race yesterday and endorsed Silverman.
You can still vote on Question 2, where the candidates talk about their ideas for fighting crime. Voting on that question closes Monday, and we'll post the results later next week. On Tuesday, we will have the candidates' responses to question 3, about education.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- Use this map to make Fairfax more bike-friendly
- New bike lanes and dedicated bus lanes could connect Columbia Heights and Brookland
- DC's population is exploding
- Instead of buses that drive over traffic jams, let's just not have traffic jams