Posts about Kansas
Tom the Dancing Bug satirizes Chrysler's offer to lock in $2.99/gallon gas to new buyers. How long until they go bankrupt? Who cares! Since when did US automakers think about the future? Via Richard Layman.
What about the "character of the community"? Greensburg, Kansas was completely destroyed by a tornado. Every building was gone. Now, they are building a walkable, mixed-use town in its place. (But we still have to rebuild Klingle Road exactly as it is!)
Good at sports, bad at urban planning: Boston is planning a new TOD development at the Forest Hills subway, commuter rail, and bus station in Jamaica Plain. But the MBTA still insists the developers replace all the parking, and planners are thinking about making all the streets one-way and changing traffic signals to speed traffic. All this while the development seeks LEED certification. Can LEED please add "not building lots of parking and adding traffic" as a factor? Via Planetizen.
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- Long-term closures: A solution to single-tracking?
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- PG planners propose bold new smart growth future
- Metro policy for refunds after delays falls short, riders say