Posts about Terry Pratchett
In real life, as How Cities Work discusses, suburban sprawl sucks the life out of a city in just the same way, giving them open space, convience, and low prices. Before people know it something they treasure, a sense of place and of community, has been irrevocably lost. I'll post quotations once I get back home (I'm in Silicon Valley again now) with the book.
Who'd expect that a treatise on urban development and a Discworld novel would actually make the same point?
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools