Posts about USPS
Here's film that I came across in the Library of Congress' archives. It was shot on August 8th, 1903 in rural Washington, DC.
The film shows the delivery of US mail by a 2-horse vehicle. The postal employee gets out of the wagon and places mail in a standard metal mail box. A woman comes out of her house and removes the mail from the mail box, then buys stamps from the mail carrier as the picture ends.
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park