Posts about Yolanda Branche
The DC Auditor agreed with an article Matt Rumsey posted last month here on Greater Greater Washington, and will begin publicly posting quarterly financial reports from each Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC).
Matt made the suggestion in an article on April 13. He pointed out that ANCs already have to file these reports, and posting them publicly would help citizens or the press detect any wrongdoing, like that from former ANC 5B chair William Shelton.
In a recent letter to the ANCs, DC Auditor Yolanda Branche referred to Matt's article and said that the auditor will start posting the reports. They will not post any bank account numbers, of course, just the lists of checks and receipts and the account balances.
The linked letter is the one they sent to ANC 3F; that ANC actually already posts the same information online on its own, but most do not.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- Can Loudoun grow while protecting its rural areas?
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- Silver Spring mall could get massive facelift, new name
- WMATA launches "Short Trip" rail pass on SmarTrip