Ask GGW: How do you prevent helmet hair?
Do you have long hair and bicycle, especially to work? Do you have any tricks for keeping your hair looking good while wearing a helmet? Reader Jon asks:
My wife has recently started biking to work, but I've noticed that on hot days or when she has a meeting in the morning, she is very reluctant to wear her helmet because of the effect it has on her hair (and how uncomfortable it can be with long hair when it's 100 degrees).Do you have any suggestions for Jon and his wife?
I know helmets aren't a panacea for all bike-related safety risks, but it could save her life and I want to help find a way for her to be comfortable while she rides.
- Latest Metro map drafts add Anacostia parks and other tweaks
- Bikeshare is a gateway to private biking, not competition
- Short-term Washingtonians deserve a voice, too
- DC Council makes major policy changes overnight
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- Public land deals have both benefits and pitfalls
- Parklets give every block a little park