Then and Now: Dupont's drug store
Kent has been posting great historical comparisons and other items about DC's architectural history on Washington Kaleidoscope. He's joined the Greater Greater Washington contributor team to share his insights with us. Welcome Kent!
Then: Captured in February, 1968, the Peoples Drug at P street and Dupont Circle appears to be alone on its end of the block. (Historical Society of Washington, Emil A. Press Slide Collection, #PR 1481A)
Now: Peoples has given way to CVS, and One Dupont Circle has been built in the 41 years since the original photograph.
- Community stories show the shift to a walkable lifestyle
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Some are pushing to limit sidewalk cycling
- Where is downtown Prince George's County?
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional