MoveDC plan proposes 70 miles of cycletracks
DC could one day have 70 miles of protected bike lanes, if the latest proposal from DDOT becomes reality.
The proposal comes as part of the latest draft of MoveDC, DDOT's master plan. It's still only a proposal, and has not been approved by the DC Council. But what an exciting proposal it is!
And that's not all, just for bikes. The proposal also includes over 60 miles of new off-street trails, and another 70 miles of new regular bike lanes.
Of course, it's easy to adopt great plans and harder to accomplish them. DDOT is still struggling to implement the M Street cycletrack, after all. But one must start with a plan, and this appears to be an extremely progressive plan.
Tomorrow I'll share the latest recommendations for transit.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- If car commercials were honest, this is what they'd look like
- Our endorsements for ANC in Ward 6