Biking on sidewalks is legal in DC
On today's Kojo Nnamdi show with Roger Lewis, at 23:14 into the segment a caller complains about bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and says that she's "pretty sure" it's illegal in DC. Lewis talked about how it's often reasonable to ride on the sidewalk, but didn't address the specific law.
A lot of people think riding on the sidewalk is illegal, but actually it's not true. You are allowed to ride on sidewalks except in the central business district, which is basically everything between Mass Ave and the Mall.
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- A sunken gas station sculpture sends the wrong message about the Anacostia River
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- See the view from a Silver Line train with this video
- See 32 years of DC bike lane growth in one animation