Biking on sidewalks is legal in DC
On today's Kojo Nnamdi show with Roger Lewis, at 23:14 into the segment a caller complains about bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and says that she's "pretty sure" it's illegal in DC. Lewis talked about how it's often reasonable to ride on the sidewalk, but didn't address the specific law.
A lot of people think riding on the sidewalk is illegal, but actually it's not true. You are allowed to ride on sidewalks except in the central business district, which is basically everything between Mass Ave and the Mall.
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Metro's 7000 series cars carry their first passengers, in pictures
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Jobs are clustering in parts of the region, but the east is falling behind