Biking on sidewalks is legal in DC
On today's Kojo Nnamdi show with Roger Lewis, at 23:14 into the segment a caller complains about bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and says that she's "pretty sure" it's illegal in DC. Lewis talked about how it's often reasonable to ride on the sidewalk, but didn't address the specific law.
A lot of people think riding on the sidewalk is illegal, but actually it's not true. You are allowed to ride on sidewalks except in the central business district, which is basically everything between Mass Ave and the Mall.
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- People walking and biking will get a new connection from L'Enfant Plaza to the waterfront
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up