Biking on sidewalks is legal in DC
On today's Kojo Nnamdi show with Roger Lewis, at 23:14 into the segment a caller complains about bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and says that she's "pretty sure" it's illegal in DC. Lewis talked about how it's often reasonable to ride on the sidewalk, but didn't address the specific law.
A lot of people think riding on the sidewalk is illegal, but actually it's not true. You are allowed to ride on sidewalks except in the central business district, which is basically everything between Mass Ave and the Mall.
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23