Biking on sidewalks is legal in DC
On today's Kojo Nnamdi show with Roger Lewis, at 23:14 into the segment a caller complains about bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and says that she's "pretty sure" it's illegal in DC. Lewis talked about how it's often reasonable to ride on the sidewalk, but didn't address the specific law.
A lot of people think riding on the sidewalk is illegal, but actually it's not true. You are allowed to ride on sidewalks except in the central business district, which is basically everything between Mass Ave and the Mall.
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- How five local businesspeople would tackle gentrification on 14th Street
- Compass rose decals? More direct priority seating signs? Here are two more MetroGreater finalists.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 90
- This DC park is pretty much the definition of desolate. How can the National Park Service change that?
- When airports give your kids a place to play, traveling is far less stressful